Sunday 9 June 2013

Abidal: Guardiola wants me at Bayern

The French full-back has expressed his interest in
joining die Roten and claims that, though nothing
is settled, his former coach is extremely keen to
bring him to Bavaria
Eric Abidal says he wants to sign for Bayern
Munich and Pep Guardiola would be happy to
welcome him to the club.
Abidal made an emotional return to the Barcelona
first team in a 5-0 win over Mallorca in April after
recovering from cancer surgery, but it was
confirmed last month he would be leaving the
Catalans at the end of the season.
Speaking to French football programme Telefoot,
the 33-year-old Frenchman declared his intent to
find a new club in the summer and says new
Bayern Munich coach Guardiola is interested in
signing him.
"Guardiola knows my situation and he would be
delighted to have me on his team," the former
Olympique Lyonnais defender said.
"But the director and the chairman of Bayern have
their words on the matter too.
"I would be pleased to join Bayern. I have a very
good relationship with Franck Ribery. Bayern is
among the best in Europe. Everything is possible.
Do I have a preference ? I don't. But Bayern
would be good."
Abidal, who played 193 times for the Blaugrana
after joining in 2007, also mooted the possibility
of him returning to Monaco where he began his
professional career.
"I don't know where I'll play next season yet," the
France international admitted.
"But the most important thing is to have options
such as Monaco. This is a move that would allow
me to go full circle in my career."

No comments:

Post a Comment